Right now I want to introduce to you some of the profitable free to play - games: the double Golden Joystick - winner "League of Legends" by Riot Games!
League of Legends is a MOBA-Game (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena), which is oriented towards the famous Warcraft three - Map "Defense of the Ancients".
For individuals who by no means performed DotA (are there any?) and who don't know the game idea I'll clarify it in detail:
League of Legends would not put high requirements on your PCs. You need at least:
- processor with 2 GHz - 1 GB RAM, - DirectX 9.0 capable video card, - 750 MB free hard disk space, - DSL or related
Create an account both on the server EU West, EU Nordic/East or US, depending on where you live. You can also create an account on US whereas living in Europe but you'll expertise greater pings then. I offer you a hyperlink to create an account in my creator's bio. Choose a reputation (at all times the toughest half) and a nice image and off you go!
There are 2 groups 5 gamers (there are more game modes, but they are not important in the beginning because as a newbie you must begin with 5vs5 to study the gameplay). Before every match you all select a "champion" who's the character you want to use in battle. Dependant in your personal preferendes it can be e.g. an undead mage, a giant granite golem, a bit of boy using on a Yeti, a brave knight and plenty of more.All in all there are more than 80 (!) totally different champions and each second week one is added.
Each champions has 4 totally different abilities (3 regular and one additional strong, the "Ultimate") and a passive, which he has since the beginning. You study the talents by leveling up ingame and your max champion stage is 18 which implies that you have 5 factors in each normal skill and 3 in your ultimate.
You receive expertise for levelling up by:
1. Being close to when enemy minions or neutral monsters are killed by your troops (it is not essential to kill them your self!)
2. killing or aiding to kill enemy champions
To start with you generally play no matter you like, later it is helpful to communicate together with your teammembers before the match begins so that you've a balanced setup and not 5 champions of the identical kind.
The completely different kinds of champions are roughly:
1. Mages ("AP Carries": AP means ability power, they primarily deal magical harm with their abilities)
2. Fighters ("AD Carries": AD means Attack Harm, they mainly deal bodily injury with their autoattacks)
3. Tanks (They're laborious to kill and protect their own carries, for instance by stunning or taunting the enemies)
4. Supports (They have either buffs or heals to support their carries and preserve them alive)
5. Junglers (They don't start within the lane however within the jungle and help their teammates by ganking and ambushing the enemies)
The fascinating level is: Depending on the gadgets you equip on your champions they are typically able to satisfy different roles!
In the beginning you do not have personal champions, but each week there are 10 free ones which everybody can use. After some matches you should purchase extra champions with affect factors (IP) in the shop. I'll come to this later.
The map has 3 different lanes, which lead from your own to the enemy base. On these lanes there are several Towers which you need to destroy before you possibly can attack the bottom itself. As a support your principal constructing ("Nexus") spawns minion waves in short intervals which enable you in fights. Between the lanes there may be the "jungle", where neutral monsters are located. In the event you kill these you receive gold and/or momentary buffs.
As quickly as the match begins everybody has about a minute to spend his beginning capital on objects in the shop.
This does not take long since you don't have much gold in the beginning. There are alternative ways to earn gold within the game:
1. Everyone receives gold over time
2. Killing enemy minions or impartial monsters (here you will need to give them the final blow, the so known as "lasthitting")
3. Killing or aiding to kill enemy champions
4. Destroying enemy buildings (towers and inhibitors -> destroying them makes your minions stronger)
5. There are a number of items which grant you additional revenue (the so called gold/5 objects -> they provide you 1 gold each 5 seconds)
For those who destroy the enemy primary constructing (Nexus) your group wins. For being able to assault the Nexus, nonetheless, you need to destroy all 3 towers and the inhibitor on a minimum of one lane and the two towers which shield the Nexus. So it is not the best concept to hunt the enemy champions 24/7 if you do not push the lanes at the identical time. A median match takes 30-45 minutes, not often greater than an hour. As soon because the match reaches minute 20 it is usually attainable to surrender.
More game modes are a 3vs3 and a fairly new domination map ("Dominion") the place it's important to capture and defend sure points. As well as there are ranked modes for players with summoner stage 30 (rationalization follows) during which you receive an Elo depend depending in your wins and losses. For freshmen I extremely advocate the traditional 5vs5 map!
League of Legends also has an RPG part. You don't shirt league of legends
solely select a reputation and an image for your self (you're a so known as "summoner", do not mix it up with the "champions") however you might be also able to stage up yourself and purchase small buffs with Affect Factors (IP).